Nozomi Week 4

This week I finished up a potential design to include a CIP across the entire stabilizer system. After getting approval of my design from Monique, I started to draw a piping and instrumentation diagram (P&ID) on Microsoft Visio. The P&ID will help show where the piping and process equipment are with relation to the new instrumentation and control devices that I am including in my design. I hope to have this finished in the next couple of days, so I can perform cost analysis if I have enough time. 

We participated in taste testing again this week. I can now tell more frequently when a beer is off, but it's still hard to describe what is wrong with it. However, I think I am starting to pick up certain scents and tastes. For example, I can easily detect when a beer has too much acetaldehyde (AA), which makes the beer smell like green apples. Another thing I am sensitive to is diacetyl which gives the beer a butterscotch smell if there is too much of it.  It is interesting because different people have different sensitivities to these smells, so one person may think it's obvious that a beer has a certain smell while another person may not smell it at all. 

This weekend we went to the Lion and Safari Park, about a 45 minute drive from our guesthouse. We went on a 3 hour safari tour, which was an unbelievable experience. We got to see lion prides, wildebeest, zebras, ostriches, cheetahs, giraffes, and many other animals roam around. We then got to interact with lion cubs. While the cubs were tired and sleepy it was still an amazing and exciting experience. We ended the day by going to an Irish pub that was recommended to us called Kearney's, where we met a couple locals and played some games of pool with them. The locals were welcoming and fun to interact and drink with. All the photos that I took can be found on this link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/14dZUWr-0VcnF-hg1sDn79bqTa5E4EySC?usp=sharing 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nozomi Week 2

Nozomi Week 1

Nozomi Week 5