Greyson Week 5

This was our last week at the Rosslyn Plant so I spent most of the week working on wrapping up my different projects and preparing to present on my work next week. I got to train operators at the plant to work on with a calculator I made, which was really cool because now I know that one of the projects I worked on will definitely make a lasting difference at the plant. This Saturday we took a suggestion from Rob at the Bentley Lodge and hired a driver to take us up to Bela Bela. We went zip-lining across a gorge, toured a croc farm where we got to eat croc burgers, and then went around a monkey sanctuary. It was all really fun to do, and a great last day in the area. Nozomi and Rudy had never been zip-lining before so it was a fun new experience for them, and I enjoyed it too, though it wasn't my first time. The croc farm had a lot of both baby and giant adult crocs, including a 700 kg, 42 year old one that was massive. We learned that because of the low temperature the crocs don't actually eat during the winter, so we didn't get to watch a feeding, but we did get to see some swim around and stuff, as well as a bunch of preserved examples of baby crocs born with some disfigurement like having no upper jaw or all their intestines on the outside. At the monkey sanctuary we got to see all a bunch of really cool monkey troops including one that had adopted some cats. We also got to interact with some young monkeys from the monkey kindergarten. They were really cute and playful. It was fun to get to interact with them, even if one of them threw up on my back and another got some poop on my jeans. On the bright side I got a great souvenir tee shirt from their gift shop. We then went to this pub called jakkalscat which translates to the jakkals anus, which was a really cool pub. There were a bunch of animals out side that we got to get close to and pet. There were a lot of pictures and videos again this week so I put them on a google drive again which can be seen here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1aeW7OgUGiskdEmzkKMyR5z9aF4_FWhPE?usp=sharing

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nozomi Week 2

Nozomi Week 1

Nozomi Week 5