Nozomi Week 6: Final

This week was our last week in South Africa. We were back at the same guesthouse that we stayed at our first week. On Monday we presented our respective projects to a couple people at the Sandton office. I presented my CIP design and P&ID, which received some positive feedback and I hope is implemented in the near future. 

Since we had already presented on Monday, the rest of the week was laid back. We decided to search for souvenirs with the free time that we had. The Sandton office had a small gift shop filled with AB InBev gear. We also went to the Bryanston office nearby, which had the same gift shop but with more stuff and bigger. I got a couple shirts and a Castle Lager lunch box to take home. 

This concludes my time in South Africa, as I fly home today. While there were some inconsistencies because we were the first group to do this program, it was an amazing time. The people were very kind and made me feel welcome and safe in a country where there aren't that many asians. I learned a lot of interesting things about beer brewing and had a lot of fun working there. As this was my first time outside the US or Japan, it was a totally new and great experience to live in and see a culture I’m not used to. Thanks to everyone at AB InBev and WASHU who made this trip and work experience possible!

-Nozomi Horikawa

Mural made of beer bottles in the Bryanston office

The three interns and Itu, a guy we met at the Rosslyn plant pub

Meat platter for our last meal together

My last beer at the Sandton office pub

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nozomi Week 2

Nozomi Week 1

Nozomi Week 5